The Douglas County Livestock Association has created two youth advisory board member positions to serve one year appointed terms. Youth members will have the opportunity to become involved in numerous local and regional agricultural events, while gaining valuable experience and knowledge regarding agriculture in Douglas County.
Requirements for the positions are as follows:
- Age – must be between 14-19 years old during term
- Attendance – must be able to attend DCLA Board Meetings the first Tuesday of every month. Attendance will align with current board member bylaws.
- Representative – will serve as an advocate for the DCLA at various local agricultural events
- Committee Member – will serve on a minimum of one DCLA committee of choice
- Newsletter Youth Segment – will assist in writing articles for the youth segment in the DCLA newsletter
You may access the application online on the DCLA website by clicking here.